Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Email: Transferred to Lincoln!

Hello to you all,
                 So wow things are changing quickly. I am being transferred! As you can imagine this came as a huge shock to both Elder Halle and myself. We both thought that we would be staying for sure. When we got the transfer call Sunday night we both could not believe what we heard. I definitely was not very happy that I was being moved. It seemed like just when the work in this area was finally picking up that is when I get booted out of here. I am mostly just upset because things were going so well here. Elder Halle and myself were getting along really well. Like I said we were finally starting to get some good work going, and overall I just love this area so much. The ward members, the area itself, and my companion especially. I guess that is why they needed to move though because the mission is supposed to be a learning experience and if things are too comfortable then it is a lot harder to learn really important lessons.
                   The place I am being transferred to is called Lincoln. It is only like 15 minutes away from where I currently am. I kind of hoping that I would be moved further up north where there is less city, but I have heard really good things about Lincoln.  That is actually where Elder Halle was last at. He really enjoyed it there. My new companions name is Elder Newcomb. He has been out for about 19 to 20 months. I have been told that he is a really nice guy. I sure hope that we get along as well as Elder Halle and I did.
                    This past week has been a pretty good week. We had a few lessons with some people. One lesson with Kaylea that went well. She is going to be baptized in November. Something really cool happened yesterday. My district leader called me up last night. He told me that he ran into Honey greenshields husband, will. He started talking with them about Elder Halle and I. Will told them that he was so grateful for the things that we had done for them. For all of the time and effort that we had taken in helping them come to the Gospel. He went on saying that his life is so different now and he just feels happier as well as Honey his wife. So what Elder Ellsworth was trying to tell me by giving me that call was that I really have made a difference in somebodies life here. I may not really feel like it because I haven't had any baptisms yet but there is just one example of the people that I was able to help. I was really grateful for that call that he gave me. It made me feel so much better about the time that I have spent here. It helped me realize that I really did make a difference. It was so great to hear that and made me feel good to know that I really did help.
                    I was really sad to have to say goodbye to so many people that I have come to know and love. I never thought I could become as attached to this area as I have. I really have come to respect and love all of the members of this ward. I truly believe that these people that I have served around are people that I will have a bond of friendship with for the rest of my life. They really did take me in and help me feel so welcome here and for that I am eternally grateful. Well my next email will be from my new area so wish me luck. I will be telling you all about my new area and comp. I love you all and hope you all have a great week.
Love Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment