Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Email: Conference

Tuesday, October 9, 2012
 
Dear Family,
 
Well let me start off by telling you that this past weekend has been absolutely amazing. Conference was such a fantastic experience, even more so out here in the mission field. To answer your question yes we got to watch all of conference. We were able to watch beginning at Saturday morning and got every bit of it all the way to Sunday afternoon. All of the missionaries in our zone came to the stake center and we all watched it together. I really loved the new perspective that I was able to gain on the things said. I think one of the biggest things, and I am sure dad talked about this, but it was in the priesthood session. Once again they talked about the mothers and wives to give more back rubs to their sons and husbands. Apparently it is isn't being done or I am sure they wouldn't keep commenting on it haha. I am just joking of course. Something really cool, between sessions Sunday afternoon they did the world report on the Brigham city temple and I saw mom singing in the choir. It was so cool I started to freak out! haha All of the other elders were just like what is going on? It was cool seeing mom on TV though. So a little bit about what is going on here. We met with Honey last week and had an excellent lesson with her. She is probably the most prepared person I have ever seen. She straight .up told that she knows that her life would have gone better if she was a Mormon. Well come to find out she doesn't live in our ward. She doesn't even live in our mission. It was so sad to find that out. I know that she is supposed to be there but things were so perfect and I could have had my first baptism. It really sucks but oh well there is nothing we can do about it. I guess just keep searching right. So that is what is going on with her. Things are going really great out here. I have been thinking about the family a lot lately. I miss you all very much and I am praying for you all everyday that things will continue to go well. I love you all and hope you have a good week. Love
 
Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment