Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Email: How great will be your joy...

Hello to everyone back home and those suckers on a cruise ship somewhere in the Caribbean,
                     Well I apologize for the size of the email last week. I didn't have to much time so I had to write quick. So this past week has actually been a pretty good one. We had a lot of up and a lot of downs. I did learn a ton though and that, I believe is the biggest thing. Anyways so let me begin with the downs of the week.
                    We officially handed Honey and her Husband off to the Sacramento missionaries. It was a sad, sad day but it had to be done. We were able to talk with Honey and her husband as well as deliver a large print Book of Mormon to her. They were both just very grateful for the service that we had provided them as well as the time we took to help them learn more. I have been talking a lot about them both in my Presidents letters that I send each week. We actually had Presidents interviews earlier today. He told me that there are going to be some leadership opportunities coming up soon for me. That was pretty crazy to hear. President told me that I should count them as baptisms, because I was part of their conversion process. It was awesome because he told both Elder Halle and myself that if and when they get baptized we will be able to attend. That was such great news to hear. Dad shared with me some great incite, and sent me some things that were exactly what I needed to hear. I was very grateful for what he sent and it helped me to understand so much.
               " If Honey does join the church, you can still take pride in knowing you helped "bring" her into the gospel, and you were part of it.
               "And if it so be that ye should labor all your days…and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!” (Doctrine & Covenants Section 18, verses 10, 15, and 16.)"
                 So more of the ups of the week. We picked up a new investigator. His name is Gary. He is an awesome guy that we actually have a lesson with later on today. I just really hope the things that we teach him will stick because I know that is can really bless his life. Things with Kaylee are still going great as well. She is a very smart little girl so she is able to understand so much that we teach her. We have just been going over the commandments with her. She has maybe one or two lessons left. So that is pretty exciting as well. Other than that this past week has been a pretty ordinary week, nothing to crazy or unusual that has gone on. Ok I guess there were a few interesting things that happened. So we were on exchanges last Wednesday, I was with our District leader in my ward. At the beginning of the day we had set a goal to stop every single person we could at bus stops. So we are going around doing this. We had just crossed a street when I noticed a lady sitting at a bus stop. So before I passed her I slammed on my brakes to talk to her. Well the other Elder was behind me and didn't notice that I had come to and abrupt halt, so he looked up just in the nic of time to barely swerve passed me. I just continued on talking to her while he had to gather himself and come back around. We thought it was pretty hilarious because we just about ate it right in the middle of the busiest street in my area. So later on down the same road we were riding next to each other, he was in the gutter and I was on the sidewalk. All of a sudden a bus pulls up right next to us and starts to merge right into where he was. So he had to come right up onto the sidewalk to avoid getting hit. unfortunately that is exactly where I was. Also I couldn't get over any further because there was a bench blocking my way. We were so close his handlebars overlapped mine and I could feel his hands touch mine, ,all of this while still riding at about 15 MPH. Pretty fun stuff . Luckily we didn't collide and we ended up being OK. Anyways so that is a little bit of my week.
                    It sounds like things are going well back home. I  cant believe that Linds Rob and Drake are really getting ready to move out. It just doesn't seem real to me. I really hope things go well in the move. Also Staci I am so excited for you. I loved seeing the 3D pictures of the baby. I just cant believe there is really a baby inside you. ha ha How are you feeling about things? Nervous?Excited? A little of both? You are going to be such a great mother and I am so excited for you. Katey I got your letter thank you so much. I sent my reply back to you yesterday, so you should be getting it soon. And last of all but definitely not least Hannah thank you so much for the brownies. They are delicious. My companion was even saying how amazing they were. So thank you so much for doing that. You are getting to be a pretty amazing cook. Also mom and dad I hope you are having fun out on the cruise. I am extremely jealous because that is the ship that I wanted to go on like a year ago. Anyways things are great. Thank you so much for all of the support. I know you are all doing so much to help me out and I thank you for that. I love you all so much.

Love Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment