Saturday, June 9, 2012

Email: Doing great in the MTC!

Friday, June 8, 2012 (10:52am)

Hello to my wonderful family!
         Everything is going great here at the MTC. I am loving the people and the experiences that are being presented to me. Don't worry I am recieving all of the packages that you have been sending me. In fact I am getting to be one of the most popular missionaries because of all the food that I have. I think that my District was a little upset at me because the other day there was a big stack of poackage call sheets so many of the missionaries were excited becasue there were so many. Turns out basically every one of them were for me I got 5 of about 7 packages that day. haha I felt kind of bad so I started giving a lot of the food away. I also have so much candy that I had to start a community box where anybody can put any candy they dont want and and take whatever they want to. I figured that it would be a good way to share throughout our District. Also in case you were worried that they werent feeding me or something and that is why you are senidng so much food, worry not because I am very well fed here. Lunch and Dinner here is always awesome and the best part  of it is that it is all you can eat all the time. I am trying to limit myself to just one entree a meal but it is difficult because most of the food here is really delicious. The best days definitely have to be Wednesday and Sunday for dinner. There is an all you can eat ice cream bar with multiple kinds of ice cream, homemade hot fudge marshmallow cream and caramel. I feel like I am going to explode after those meals. I can see how easily someone can come in  here and pack on about 15 pounds in a only a matter of weeks. I am trying to keep those pounds off by going to the gym everyday. There are a lot of activities that I can do here such as soccer, softball, running, basketball, volleyball, and foursquare. However I prefer to lift most days. We only are allowed about 50 minutes for gym time and I figure that I can utilize that time best in the weight room. If you could even call it that. It only has dumbbells up to 75 pounds with about 4 benches. I try and make the best with what I have. I also try and bike atleast 23 miles each day. So that when i get out in the field when i do start biking it wont absolutely kill me.
            I am truly loving the work that we are doing here. It is hard sitting in classrooms for 3-4 hours at a time, buit things I am taking out of it are invaluable. I am learning not only things about the Gospel but also many things about myself. This past Sunday was a fast Sunday. I decided that my fast was going to be on more fully understanding the role of the Atonement in my life and help me to better grasp what the Atonement means to me. That day I was blessed to hear abnout 3 talks on the Atonement and multiple testimonies from many other Elders. That was such a testimony builder for me. To have my prayers answered in such a cleart and concise fashion. It is amazing how fast one matures in here. I cant believe it was only a week ago that I was first coming in here. In that week I have grown more than probably any period in my life.I attribute that to the amazing spirit that is here at the MTC. I have to be honest though there have been times where I have felt very disheartened and low but it does not take long to rebound and be able to turn any bad experience into something positive and help me learn from it. I want you all to know how much I love the work that I am doing. As much as I miss you all there is no where else Iwould rather be right now.
            So I heard Hannahs callbacks went good. That is fantastic I know that she can go as far and be as great as she wants to as long she puts her mind to it and trusts in the Lord. Through the Lord you can do all things. Hannah I want to let you know how proud I am of you and your commitment to better yourself. I love you very much. Katie I want to let you know how beautiful you are. I am so proud of the beautiful young woman you are growing into. Make sure you are helping your little sister she looks up to you as an example. I love you all very much and I appreciate all of the love and support you are sending my way. I would not be able to be out here doing what i am doing if it were not for all of you and the prayers that you bless me with. I love you all so very much.
                                                                                             Love Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment