Monday, July 16, 2012

Email: Bikes


Monday, July 16, 2012

Hello Family
                Well this week has been extremely challenging and difficult but fun. So I will start on Tuesday. It started out just the same as any other day. We got up and took off out of our apartment at about 11. (We dont leave until then because i am new so I get an extra hour of study.) So we had to go to the library to do a thing for being a new missionary. Anyways on the way I must have hit something because my tire was losing air fast. SO I pulled out a piece of metal that was about 2 inches long that had gone right through my tire. Bummer so we had to walk my bike back to the church. We had a member come and pick us up and take us back the apartment to get an extra tube. So we took it back changed the tube and took off again to meet someone. We got about a mile and a half away from the church and guess what? Elder Woolley got a huge nail right through his tire. So we then got to walk about that far back to the church again. Luckily i had brought a patch kit with us. So all of this was going on in about 107 degrees outside. So that all took about 2 and a half hours to do all that. So after this we decided to go tract a street we had been thinking about tracting for a while. We start on one end door after door no one is interested. One larger lady was particularly rude she slammed the door in our face yelling " Ah Heck No!" only she didnt say "heck". haha Then a tender mercy. The very next door I knocked and told the man who we were and what we were out doing and asked him if he would be interested in hearing a message about Jesus Christ. To my complete and utter surprise he said yes. I was in complete shock I didnt even know what to say. I just looked over at Elder Woolley with a stunned look. He was stunned as well for about 3 seconds before he started in to the restoration and the Book of Mormon. Another big shock is he accepted a Book of Mormon and said he would read it and that we could come back. That just absolutely made my day. We havent been able to make contact with him again yet but hopefully soon. So the next day was about 108 which made for a lot of fun biking. Then finally it cooled off to about 95. Which felt so much cooler than the day before. The rest of the week went by pretty well until Sunday where we got another flat tire. Elder Woolleys back tire went flat. He had to borrow a members bike. So at the end of the week we didnt have the best numbers but we did recieve about 3 or 4 really good refferals and potential investigators.Hopefully they will play out for us.
                  Just letting you all know I am loving the work I am doing out here. It is so hard but so fulfilling. Tell Tevan that i love him. I can totally tell where he is coming from. The first few days in the MTC are pretty terrible. Tell him to hang in there and it will all be worth it. I was pretty far behind everyone in my class there as far as knowledge of the scriptures, but all he needs is a strong testimony, which I know he has, and a strong will to work, which is one of Tevans strongest values. Remind him of what i said to him in my talk. The whole world is expecting him to fail, only he can decide whether or not he will listen to the "World". I am so happy for Big D it sounds like his farewell talk went really well. I am praying continually for my two best missionary friends. Tevan and Big D so let them know how proud I am of them. Speaking of best friends how is Whit doing I havent heard much from her i ll bet she si really busy Tell her I love her and cant wait to hear from her.
                 So Rob and Linds are coming to join me here in Cali. Weird! I am excited for them to be getting such a great job oppurtunity. They are going to love it even though they have to leave there families. I have been praying for them to be lead in the best direction possible for them. I lvoe you both so much. So the cat is out of the bag with Staci huh? That is so exciting I loved the pics they emailed me they were great. Well I am runnning out of time i love you all and cant wait to hear back from you.
                                                                               Love Elder Payne
(I finally got a hold of Hunter's mission pictures, so I'll be adding them on here with his emails so you can see what a handsome missionary he is.)


No comments:

Post a Comment