Monday, July 9, 2012

Email: 4th of July


Monday, July 9, 2012

Hello to my family,
                So this past week we probably worked harder than we have since I have been here. We figured that since the 4th of July was in the middle of the week there would be a lot of families and people
home for the Holiday. That didnt exactly turn out to be the case. It ended up being my companion and I going around  and finding out that person after person after person was gone. So we came to the
conclusion that most people just used the 4th as an excuse to take the whole week off. We did get to meet with a few families and meet a few new people. It was a lot of hardwork and a lot of sweating but
hopefully we were able to make a little bit of a difference for somebody. This next week is looking much more promising. We have a lot of finding time so that is going to be our primary focus is going out
and finding new people. So please support us by keeping that in your prayers. Last Friday we had a trainer, trainee meeting in Gridley, which is about an hour away. It was great to go and see a few familiar faces from the MTC. It was great to hear some of there stories and some of there success. We had a great lesson by President Weston on the Doctrine of Christ. It was a lot of great information that
strengthened my testimony of Christ. Later that night I went on my second exchange with the Zone leaders. It was great because instead of having to ride my bike, I got to ride in a car all day. We taught a
couple of really great lessons. One was to a lady who was Korean. She did not have a good background as far as God. She did not believe there was a life after death and she had been going to a Jehovahs witness service that had really confused her. We were able to give her a Korean Book of Mormon. She was really happy and excited to know we have them in Korean. It was a good experience for me to see some different styles of teaching and I know i learned a lot.
                  It sounds like there is a lot going on back home. It is great to hear things. It helps me to stay connected to you all so dont be afraid to shoot me a quick email or letter if you feel so inclined. I hfound a great scripture that made me laugh a little it is Proverbs 25:25. Look it up and you will see why. Along with that you have no idea how great it is to get letters from home. It just brightens my week and helps me to keep my spirits up. So it sounds like you had a pretty fun party for Kate. It is so crazy that she is
16!!!! It is amazing how fast time flys. Im sure that will become more prevelant in the coming months. So Katie I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday! That video of me blowing in slow motion jsut imagine
that is me attempting to blow out your candles haha. I love you and know that you are growing into a beautiful young woman. That is very excinting about her car. Im sure she was just beaming with joy. Make sure and get me a picture of her in her car.
            So Tevan is about to take off. That is so weird. Please call him and tell him that I love him and good luck. I will be sending you (mom and Dad) a letter for him hopefully you can forward that along to him. Tell Derek that his letter is on its way and should be getting there soon. Tell the whole Valtinson family that I love them and that Tevan is going to be a great missionary.  I Love you all so much and cant waitto hear from you.
                                                                       Love Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment