Monday, February 17, 2014

Email: "Superman"ed Out!

Hello to you all out there,

Well I sure hope that this email finds you all doing well. From what mom told me it sounds like it was another busy week having Drake out there with you all. I sure cant wait to see him and Savannah and little Sara just to see how much they have grown. Anyways I know that busy weeks are pretty much normal for you all back home. I loved the pics of Drake and all that he was doing, he looked like he was having a lot of fun. With the blown out tire story I am just curious did that
happen right there in Willard? Because if so that area is just deadly for our family. I think that is like the 3rd or 4th thing that has happened there. Beware of the Willard exit bad place haha

So I want to make sure and answer the questions that mom had for me before i move on at all. So, first thank you very much for the packages, they were awesome. I really loved them and they had a bunch of stuff that was great. The shirt was a bit big seeing as it was a xxl and I wear an xl but I can make it work. Also all of the hearts and other things in there were fantastic as well so thank you very much. I will be watching for the other packages when they come and thank you in advance for them. I did get the cuff link and in fact I wore them yesterday! It was fun because we had stake conference so I got all supermaned out. I had the cuff links and the ring you sent me and someone out here gave me a tie bar. So ya you could say I was pretty styling.

Alright so let me tell you a little bit about my week. As you know we have been working really hard to find new investigators lately and guess what this past week we were successful. One of the new
investigators that we found his name is Darius. He is the son of one of our investigators. We were supposed to start teaching him last week but it didn't work out so this week is when it is taking place. He is a really neat kid, he is about 14 years old and a really nice kid. He, hopefully will be coming to P-day today to place basketball with us. Also the other two new investigators that we picked up are named Chris and Nick. They are actually two of the kids from the family that I
taught at the beginning of my mission in Van Maren ward. We are going to begin teaching them and then if everything works out they will get baptized! I am super excited to teach them because the family is a great family and they are all a lot of fun. They will also hopefully be coming to P-day as well.

So this last Saturday and Sunday we had Stake Conference. It went pretty well, I mean it wasn't as good as the stake conference up in Redding with Elder Baxter but it still went ok. President Weston spoke and talked a lot about members and missionaries working together. He did a pretty good job. After having been out this long and having heard a lot of his talks I can almost predict what he is going to say. Overall it was a pretty good weekend. This coming week should be an interesting one because we have zone conference tomorrow which last from about 9 in the morning until like 3 or 4 in the afternoon, so that should be fun.

Well I love you all and hope that you all have a great week! Love Elder Payne

The Antelope "Temple"
In other words this is our humungous stake center. It actually has 12 chapels in it and can accommodate up to 8 wards!
 The weather has been great here. It has been in the 60's and 70's lately and as you can see some of the trees are beginning to bloom. 
Hello February! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment