Monday, May 6, 2013

Email: Update on Investigators


Well Hello to everyone,

Wow what an amazing week that we have had out here. There have been a few low points, but hey that  happens. So lets get the lows out of the way. First off I thank you all very much for all of the prayers that you have said on Cece's behalf. Unfortunately this past week she dropped us and is no longer going to
be taking the lessons. It was really quite a shock how it happened. As you know from the last email that i sent about her the lesson that we had with her went very well. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and how it can bring us strength and peace in times of trial. At times it seemed as if she was about in tears. Well after that we could not get a hold of her at all. We tried relentlessly with no results. Finally we went over one day and she was home. We met her at the doorway and she did not seem that happy to see us. She  mentioned to us that either her Sister or sister-in-law had just passed away. We did our best to show her we cared and asked if there was anything that we could do to help. We asked if we could come back and talk with her more and help her out and she told us that she did not want us to come back. Oh man that kind of sucked mainly because i know how much this message could help her if she would only accept it. I guess at this time she just isnt ready for it. We are going to try back in a few weeks and see if there is any renewed interest on her behalf.

So there is kind of the downer part of the week but let me tell you about what else has been going on here. Mikayla is doing awesome! She is so excited for her baptism this coming Saturday. We have been going over the lessons with her, just to review for her baptismal interview. She is a very smart girl and has remembered basically everything that the other missionaries have taught her. We have been busy setting up the program and so that has kept things interesting. What is awesome is she actually asked me to be one of the witnesses! I am so excited and yes it is going to be a wonderful birthday present. I just want to reiterate what i have already said in past emails. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be apart of helping her in her path to baptism. There have been so many missionaries that have taught her and there have been so many prayers said specifically for her to get adopted, and some how i have been lucky and blessed enough to be here and be apart of the actual ordinance. Wow what an amazing experience.

Well Keriann and Tyler are still doing great. We have gone over the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a few of the
commandments. They are taking it all in very well and are learning so much. i love when I get to be able to see the change that the Gospel not only makes in an individual but in an entire family. Each one of them seems to be coming closer together. i know that is because of the importance our Heavenly Father puts on the family. He wants the family unit to be our main focus and is one of the most important things to him. We are going to be putting a big focus on getting young women to their lessons this week. Mainly for fellowship for Keriann. We want her to really feel like she is welcome and want to be their at church and mutual and even at school. Please be praying for her.

So i just wanted to share with you one of the testimonies that was given on this past Sunday. Their was a lady and she was talking about an uncle that she had that found out he had terminal brain cancer. The doctors told him that he only had 3 months to live. So the very first thing he did was go to his bishop. His
bishop asked so why is it you wanted to me with me? The man explained the situation and then asked "Bishop I have a firm testimony of the Plan of Salvation, but I just want to know, Am I good enough?" Wow the second that woman uttered that phrase a wave of emotion past over me. It really made me think and made me ask the same question, Am i good enough? I truly think, that is something that we need to ask ourselves every now and then. Am I living up to the standard that our Heavenly Father has set for us? Or is there more that i can be doing? I want you all to keep that in mind this coming week, because that is what I
am going to be doing.

Well I want to thank you for the package you sent me. That was such a great surprise and thank you so much for the wallet. You know just how much i love Superman and when i saw that i was just giddy with joy. Thank youall for all that you do for me. I really do appreciate the love that i feel coming from back home. I truly have the best family on earth. So a little info about skypng, plan on about 5 oclock your time. If I have to adjust things i will just calls you guys and figure it out. I should have pretty much as much time as i
need because we are eating dinner the same family that we are skyping with so it will work out perfectly.

Thanks again and I love you all.
Love Elder Payne

Pictures from Elder Payne!

My new tracting approach- haha
 This is Brother Allan's mountain man stuff-
 Chili cook-off
Thank you for the package 
I loved this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment