Monday, November 12, 2012

Email: Honey's Baptism

Dear Family,
Well this past week has absolutely flown by. I swear I was just barely sending you an email. This past week has been really great actually. There has been a lot going on. It has been great we have been meeting with Hailey every day. We feel that with her current situation she really needs the daily contact. We have actually found out a lot more about her situation at home. It is a lot of stuff that for legal reasons we, as missionaries, cannot get involved. I'm sorry but I cant really tell you because it is private and sensitive stuff. Just know that she is doing great! She is learning and growing every time we meet with her. It amazes me she is already wanting to teach stuff to other people.It is really neat to see someone want to learn so much. it is interesting because she does want to learn so much so quickly. We kind of have to tell her to slow down a little. She has to get the basics down before she can dig into some of the deeper stuff. In our reading with her we came across 2nd Nephi 28:30 "For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have."
It applied really well to her situation and I really think it will help her. Keep praying for her. She is really one that needs the support. It was really cool, Elder Newcomb had an extra set of really nice leather bound scriptures, so we had Sister Nielson take them and have her name put on them and we gave them to her. She was so excited to get them. She loves them so much she doesn't even want to use them in fear she will mess them up. She is such a sweet person and has such a sweet spirit, i really hope things work out for her.
So the other big main point of this week was Honey Greenshield's baptism. It was so awesome getting to go and see someone that I had taught be baptized. So Saturday afternoon we headed down to Citrus Heights to meet up with the other Elders. We had someone from our ward in Lincoln drop us off in C-Heights. It was really great because I got to see Elder Halle again as well. So we all met up and headed to her Baptism. It was an amazing experience. She was so happy and was just absolutely glowing. Her husband Will was just as excited if not more. Side note he has some medical issues he has to work out before he gets baptized. Anyways it was really great because Honey asked both Elder Halle and myself to participate in the baptismal service. She asked us both to be witnesses. I was so happy to see her making such important steps in her personal progression. That was definitely one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. i don't think I have ever seen somebody that happy and that sure in what they were doing, it was just fantastic. (Oh yeah in her picture, she had a tumor removed from her brain and it caused partial paralysis in a side of her face.) I was just so grateful that I was able to be a part of her life, even though it might have been in a small way, I am still grateful.
 
It sounds like there has been a lot going on back home. It is definitely that time of year and things will continue to be crazy. I am really glad that the move went well with Linds and Rob. The pictures you sent me of that were great. I really hope they like where they are. It looks like a beautifl area, and it sounds like the people are really great as well. I cant believe how far along staci is. Also it is hard to believe how big the baby is as well. It sounds like she has been growing fast.Tell Tyler good luck with the rest of school coming up. Katey i sure hope everything is going well for you. I sent the family a letter and I mentioned a little bit about you and your situation. Dont worry I will be sending you a better and longer one soon. Last but not least Hannah I am sorry you were so upset. It sounds like you have got a good new friend that is awesome. I am really happy for you . It is so important to have good friends.
So about the Book of Mormon challenge, I am glad you all liked the idea. I have a paper I need to send you that can help mark your progress. I will get it to you. Linds maybe you could do something on the blog that helps mark the progress. Im not sure if you can do that but just let me know. Well I think that is pretty much all I have for you. I love you all. Have a great week.
 
Love Elder Payne
 
And, here's a picture that was texted to my mom from a member sometime last week. It's of Elder Payne and his comp at a Birthday party at the church. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment