Monday, October 21, 2013

Email: 15 mile bike ride and a baptism

Hi everyone,
                  I am just going to start off by apologizing now because this email might be kinda short. I am extremely exhausted. I guess I will start off the email by telling you why. This morning our ward mission leader took us on a very long bike ride. It was something that we have been planning for quite a while now but I wasn't really too prepared for. It was about a 15 mile bike ride up and down a mountain. It was a really pretty ride but tiring. I'm glad we did it but once again I am tired!
                   So about this last week. Oh boy this was a doosy of a week. It started out like any other week. Nothing to crazy or special, then came Wednesday. One of the young men from the Windom family decided he wanted to get baptized on Saturday. That means we only had from Wednesday to Saturday to plan and prepared for a full baptism. Let me tell you we saw some miracles. Everyone in the ward stepped up big, especially the young men. The baptism went amazing. He was so happy and his mother started crying when he got baptized it was such a neat experience. Also on Wednesday a family, the Lockwood's decided they wanted to get baptized as well. They are such a great family and so ready that we were so happy to hear that. Like I said Saturday the baptism went great and it was a great day, then came Sunday! On Sunday everything just seemed to fall apart. The young man that got baptized didn't show up to church to get confirmed because his mom was really sick. Also the family who was super ready completely backed out of their baptism. it was just a lot of really tough stuff at once. Hopefully this coming week will be better.
                       it is crazy Elder McMurray goes home next Tuesday. He is so close. It has been great being able to serve with him and I am grateful that i had that opportunity.
                        i am glad you all have been having a good time at Disneyland. I loved the pics. It looked like you guys had a lot of fun and made the most of your time. Well i love you all and hope you have a great week. I love you all and God Bless.

Love Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment