Monday, January 21, 2013

Email: Work Progresses


Hello family, friends, and all you other people,
               Well I sure hope every ones week has gone well. It sounds like from moms email things are starting to get very busy with preparing for Staci's shower. Its crazy how close she is to being due. Time goes so fast, It seems like just yesterday that I was getting an email saying that Staci was pregnant and now she is very close. That's pretty exciting stuff. That's also so cool that Kate got asked to Prom. Was she excited? I don't think I have ever heard of the kid so hopefully he isn't a weirdo. ha ha Also I better not forget but Happy Birthday dad! In just a couple of days at least. I hope you get my card. I just want to thank you for the amazing example that you have been to me and always helping me to set the bar high for myself. I was having a little bit of a hard time this week just with stuff that has been going on and the phrase that you and Kurt Rees have told me multiple times kept popping in my head, "Don't worry about all of that other stuff going on out there, You are Superman!". So thank you for all of the encouragement and support that you have shown me. I hope you have a great birthday. Oh and also I cont believe that Calvin and Nancy have already finished their mission, that seemed like it went by pretty quickly.
                 So a little about what has been going on this week. It has been kind of a rough week. First off we had to drop one of our investigators, Rodney. He is someone that has been taught for a very long time. In my time here i have set 4 different baptismal dates with him and he has not kept one of them. He hasn't been keeping any of the commitments we give him and just is really stuck in his ways. So for the time being he has been dropped from our teaching pool. Also we had quite a few set appointments throughout the week and most of them fell through to we ended up having to just go out and do finding. We were able to find about 3 new investigators, so that was awesome. Probably the coolest one that we picked up was this big, huge black guy who is in the air force. We had helped his roommate move a few weeks ago and so we were just going over to see him again and see if he would be interested in hearing more about the gospel. Well we knocked on the door, it was pretty dark outside, and he opened it looking super wary like, "What are you guys doing here?" Well we told him who we are and that we had helped them move and he just opened right up to us and invited us in. It was pretty cool we got to talk to him a little bit about what he believed. We mentioned to him that we had noticed his standard works while we were helping them move and we were just curious how he got it. So now we are going to be having a lesson with him tomorrow which should be awesome. Unfortunately he might fall under the age range of the singles ward, so we would have to pass him off to other missionaries. We will just have to see how it goes though. Another interesting guy we met as well was a former investigator that we just dropped by and visited again. His name is Dale, and no dad it wasn't Dale Carter. He is a 7th day Adventist and is kinda strange, he was sorta the male equivalent of the crazy cat lady. He was a nice guy though and we were able to talk to him for a little while. He is pretty stuck in his ways though and we are having a hard time getting through to him. Well that has pretty much been the highlights of the week. Nothing else too crazy has happened. Sorry this email was kinda boring but this week we basically just did a lot of finding. Have a great week everyone and I love you all.

Love Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment