Monday, January 14, 2013

Email: Most Wonderful Day on My Mission


Dear Family,
                  Well this past week has been crazy and extremely busy but amazing as well. This past Saturday I had probably one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I was able to step down into a baptismal font and assist someone in one of the most important saving ordinances that we can perform. I had the opportunity to baptize a young man named Tyler. His sister, Hailey, was able to do the same as well. That was the most wonderful day that I have had out on my mission so far, to not only witness it but to be able to participate in it.  It was such a beautiful and sacred experience. Then Sunday I was able to do one of the confirmations. I was able to confirm Hailey a member of the church and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost. That was extremely nerve racking. I was really quite nervous going into it, but right before the confirmations i said a little prayer for comfort and counsel and every little nerve and fear just washed away. Wow it just amazes me how much our Heavenly Father loves us. He wants to assist us, all we have to do is ask Him. Something kind of funny but kind of bad at the same time, I accidentally locked my knees during the blessing. So while i was speaking all of a sudden I started to get light headed. I just kind of figured it was the spirit effecting me really, really strong. haha Then I realized what I was doing and unlocked them. It definitely made giving the rest of the blessing much easier. So I guess on a less great note, Rodney dropped his baptismal date again. What is even worse is he has been attending a few other churches, so we are going to take a step back with him and reassess where he is at. However i do have more good news. We have started teaching a mother and daughter who are like 74 and 45 and they have been taking everything in very well. We should be able to set a baptismal date with them very soon. They both are just so happy all the time. I love teaching them because of the truths we are able to bring to them. The mother has suffered a lot of hardships in her life, so I know that the things we can teach her specifically concerning the Plan of Salvation can be such a comfort in her life. 
                       So we got our transfer calls yesterday and I am staying put. There wasn't too much change in my zone, a few guys that I am really close to are heading places. Like Elder McMurray is heading clear up to the top of the mission. It kinda sucks because me and him got to be pretty close. Oh also we found out recently that this coming transfer is only 5 weeks long, so that  means I come home a week earlier than previously planned. That's pretty crazy right? Also at the end of this coming transfer we are getting 31 new missionaries. That will be a huge bump in missionaries! I am very excited for all of the new guys coming out, they will give a huge boost to the work. 
                      Well I want to give a huge birthday shout out to Lindsay so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I hope you have a wonderful B-day and I really hope you get my card. Make sure and do something fun/relaxing for your birthday. Well I hope everything is going well for everyone back home. Things are great out here. I love you all and have a great week. 

Love Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment