Monday, September 23, 2013

Email: Update on Investigators

How is the ol' Payne clan doing this week? Well I sure hope everything is going well. It sounds like there has been a lot of craziness that has been taking place recently. I cant believe that the cabinet up above the desk finally got cleaned. That thing has been cluttered since before I can remember. I just wonder how long it will stay that way. Next thing you know the far left closet in the living room will be clean too. ha ha That is great though I am very proud of you all that you got that done. I cant wait to see pictures. I cant believe that you got rid of the couches downstairs. Did you get rid of the big blue one down there as well? I sure hope not because I love that couch. Anyways that is also really good news that Lindsay got the ipad back. She should probably just like duct tape that to her or something like that.
                 So I have had a a very long week our here. I don't really know why it seemed so long but it definitely took a while.  Like I said in last weeks email, we had transfers this past week. We only lost two of the people in our zone but it was sad to see them go. We got two new greenies though so we are very happy about that. They are both great Elders who are going to be a great addition to our zone. Over this past week we had to do a lot of running around because of those new missionaries. We were able to get a lot of good work done though. We mainly met with a lot of our regulars. We saw the Windom family a few times this week. It was great because they are just fired up and really trying hard to make it to baptism. The only problem is the Father is still having a problem with smoking, hopefully he can get past it soon and be able to enter into the waters of baptism. The other great highlight of the week is the Lockwood family. I think I talked a little about them last week but I'm not quite sure. Anyways they are a family we have been trying to work with a lot lately. What we have been doing mainly is just being their friends. At first they weren't really ready to take the lessons because there was a ton of stuff going on in their lives. I am so very grateful that we have stuck with it though. On Sunday we had a great Restoration lesson with them. The spirit was so strong in there. You can just really tell when people are truly open to what you are saying and they are definitely open. They have plenty of friends in the church who have told them a lot of stuff but now being able to hear it first hand from the missionaries I think will really help move them a long. We soft committed them both to baptism and they both accepted. We are so excited for them because I can just see how much it can bless their lives. What was also great was right after the lesson they were just like hey would you guys like to stay for dinner. So of course we weren't going to say no. While they were finishing dinner we got to go out and play football and some games with their boys. I absolutely love that family. So ya that was a few little bits of our week. Overall it was pretty great. This week we have a lot going on we have a bunch of meeting we have to prepare for and that is always great, let me tell you I just love paper work.
                 Anyways I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week. Keep staying strong and trusting in the lord. Proverbs 3:5-6 I love you all

Love Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment